Professional engineer in New York with 15 years of experience as project engineer with New York State DOT. He has worked in a number of roles on large scale infrastructure projects, including Route 9A Reconstruction ($380 million) and Replacement of Kosciuszko Bridge ($550million) which involved design management tasks for the design-build contract.
Polytechnic Institute of New York University2011
Ph.D., Civil Engineering
IHE Delft, The Netherlands1998
Master of Science, Water Resources Engineering
University of Khartoum1994
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
- Ahmed, M. and Iskander, M. (2011) “Analysis of Tunneling-Induced Ground Movements Using Transparent Soil Models”, ASCE, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 137, No. 5, pp. 525-535.
- Ahmed, M. and Iskander, M. (2012) “Evaluation of Tunnel Face Stability by Transparent Soil Models”, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Elsevier, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 101–110.
- Ahmed, M., (2013) “Experimental and Numerical Modeling of Sinkhole” Transportation Research Board TRB 92nd Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Report #:13-0108, TRB Washington, DC, USA
- Ahmed, M., (2013) “Application of Digital Image Cross Correlation to Study Sinkhole Collapse”, ISRN Soil Science, Vol. (2013), Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Article ID 478547.
- Ahmed, M. and Iskander, M. (2011), “Transparent Soil Model Tests and FE Analyses on Tunneling Induced Ground Settlement”, ASCE, Proceedings of the Geo-Frontiers 2011 Conference, Dallas, Texas pp. 3381-3390
Ahmed, M. and Iskander, M. (2011), “Tunnel Face Support Pressure and Associated Risk” ASCE, Proceedings of Risk Assessment and Management Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, ASCE, GSP (224), pp. 939-947.
Ahmed, M. and Iskander, M. (2011), “Investigation of Shield Face Stability by Transparent Soil Models.” Proceedings of the 14th Australasian Tunnelling Conference (The AusIMM), Auckland, New Zealand, pp. 329-336.
Ahmed M. and Iskander, M. (2011) “Investigation of Subsurface Settlement Profiles above Tunnels”, Proceedings of the 5th Pan-American Conference on Teaching and Learning of Geotechnical Engineering, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Ahmed, M (2011) “Investigation of Tunnel Face Stability using Digital Image Correlation”, Proceedings of the Sixth M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
Ahmed, M (2009) “Tunnel Induced Ground Movement in Cohesionless Soils”, Proceedings of Northeast Geotechnical Research Symposium, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA.