Group Coaching and Workshops
Learning opportunities tailored specifically for early career and senior faculty
Group Coaching for Assistant Professors
Group Coaching complements one-on-one mentoring by using collective intelligence to help participants build their own strategies and solutions. The group contributes to the progress of each member, in a climate of trust and active listening. Several two-hour sessions will be offered each semester, each introducing a new topic.
- Mentoring Strategy: October 25 & October 29
- Tenure Process Policy: December 10
- Interacting with Students and Postdocs: March
- Work-Life Balance and Time Management: May
- Early Career Awards: June
Learning Workshops for Senior Faculty
These workshops will focus on the role of the leader as an inspirer of people (building healthy relationships with others, empathy, emotional intelligence, motivational skills, feedback) and as a pathfinder (visioning, creativity, risk-taking, continuous improvement). They will also support long-term behavioral changes and transform cultural assumptions to improve full inclusion and equity in NYU Tandon (especially for women, underrepresented minorities, and young professors).
- Conflict Resolution (for Chairs only): January 28 (12:00 -2:00 pm)
- Conflict Resolution (for Chairs only): February 24 (4:00 -6:00 pm)
- Relationship Building/ Delivering Criticism/ Evaluation: June