We are offering a platform to connect, share ideas, and gain valuable insights. The in-person workshop aims to introduce participants to the many facets of complex systems through interactions with experts in the field. With two senior researchers delivering keynote talks and four early career researchers providing presentations, the event promises to offer a diverse and stimulating program. Those who wish to attend are encouraged to present a poster.
Traditionally underrepresented individuals in the STEM disciplines are especially encouraged to attend.
10:00-10:15 am - Welcome remarks + Overview
10:15-11:00 am - Guest speaker talk + Q&A
11:00 -11:45 am - Guest speaker talk + Q&A
11:45 am-12:00 pm - Coffee break
12:00-12:45 pm -Guest speaker talk + Q&A
12:45-1:30 pm - CUSP speaker talk
1:30 - 2:00 pm - Lunch break
2:00-2:45 pm - Guest speaker talk + Q&A
2:45-3:30 pm - Guest speaker talk + Q&A
3:30-3:45 pm - Coffee break
3:45-4:30 pm - Guest speaker talk + Q&A
4:30-6:00 pm - Poster session + light bites
Guest Speakers Include:
- Dr. Andrea Alù, Distinguished Professor, Founding Director of the Photonics Initiative at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, Einstein Professor of Physics at the CUNY Graduate Center, Professor of Electrical Engineering at The City College of New York
- Dr. Abigail Bodne, Simons Society Junior Fellow, NYU Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Simon Garnier, Associate Professor, Biological Sciences, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Dr. Pablo Ripolles, Assistant Professor of Psychology, NYU Arts & Science; Associate Director of the Music and Audio Research Laboratory (MARL)
- Dr. Ross Parker, RTG Postdoctoral Fellow, Visiting Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Southern Methodist University
- Dr. Alain Boldini, Assistant Professor, New York Institute of Technology; former NYU CUSP Postdoctoral Associate
- Dr. Roni Barak Ventura, Postdoctoral Associate, NYU CUSP; Science/Engineering Analyst, National Science Foundation
Registration ends November 7th at 5pm ET. All attendees should bring physical ID for checking into the building.