NYU Classes: Teaching Online with Zoom
This session for faculty provides guidance and best practices for using NYU Zoom to share resources and host online class sessions.
Online, join the webinar at https://nyu.zoom.us/j/805599503
In the event that you are unable to teach your class on-campus with all students joining in person, we recommend sharing resources and hosting online class sessions from your home or office.
NYU Zoom’s audio-video conferencing technology enables you to meet in real-time with your students, wherever they are. Join us for a hands-on, introductory webinar on Monday, March 23, 2020, from 11:00am-12:00pm EST that will provide you with guidance and best practices for your online/remote teaching practice.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Zoom interface in NYU Classes and host an online session.
- Record a class session and make the recording available to students via NYU Classes.
- Lead group discussion and facilitate student engagement through breakout rooms.
- Reflect on the student experience of using Zoom for an online class session in order to provide your students with guidance.
- Create a personalized plan for your first time teaching with Zoom