Sponsored by the Department of Technology, Culture and Society, this end-of-the-year party of the New York Paleontological Society is open to all in the NYU Tandon Community. Come join us for a chance to see and learn about fossils from around the world — and you get to touch and handle them.
- Free fossil door prizes
- Free food and beverages for those registered.
- One or two brief talks on fossils, fossil collecting, and special exhibits (not too technical).
- A “Fossil Information Scavenger Hunt” game - with a prize.
- Many fossils will be available for purchase at minimal prices.
- More spectacular specimens will be in a fossil auction at the end of the event. There will also be books and field guides for sale at below cost, on topics in natural history, geology, paleontology, nature and the environment.
- You need not purchase anything to enjoy the party!
If you know some youngsters under 12 years of age, they can participate in our free young people’s auction and other events for children.
About The New York Paleontological Society:
The New York Paleontological Society was founded in 1970 and incorporated as a nonprofit, tax exempt organization primarily for educational purposes in paleontology, fossils and related sciences (geology, evolution, systematics, etc).