Do you have a great technology concept? Want to commercialize it? Learn how by going through the same course taught to NSF I-CorpsTM teams.
Submit your application today! Deadline is September 11, 2015.
Apply online here or submit the attached PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NYC Regional Innovation Node (NYCRIN) will be offering the same NSF I-CorpsTM experiential learning program, which uses Lean LaunchPad pedagogy and the Business Model Canvas, to train academic researchers in hypothesis-driven customer discovery. Please see the attached flyer.
NYCRIN I-Corps provides a way for regional (any team from NY, NJ, PA, CT and the surrounding area) students and faculty to participate in I-Corps training without being NSF-funded. The curriculum will closely follow that of the NSF I-CorpsTM program and focus on commercializing research via a startup venture.
This program will be free for admitted applicant teams. Application deadline is September 11, 2015. The course is October-November (see dates below) and is open to any academic researcher. Please see the attached application form.
Proposers will identify a project team that minimally consists of:
- The principal investigator (who can actively participate or participate as an advisor and not attend the courses);
- An entrepreneurial lead (who is committed to investigate the landscape surrounding the innovation);
- A mentor (who understands the evidence concerning promise, e.g., from an institutional education-focused center or commercial background that will help inform the efforts).
The outcomes of the projects are expected to be threefold:
- A clear go/no go decision concerning the viability and effectiveness of the learning-oriented resources/products, practices and services.
- An implementation "product" and process for potential partners/adopters.
- A transition plan to move the effort forward and bring the innovation to scale.
NYCRIN I-Corps Fall ’15
Kickoff: October 5-7th
WebEx: October 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12
Finale: November 16-17
Note: Kickoff and finale will be held at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC)
Please email email@example.com for more info.