Make science and mathematics exciting!
Invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship (i2e) is NYU-Poly’s fundamental new way of approaching academics and research by arming faculty and students with the tools, resources, and inspiration to turn their research into applications, products, and services that take flight as faculty- and student-owned companies.
The Summer Institute for Educators is an introduction to the i2e classroom model and into the world of cutting-edge research that aims to solve both global and local problems.
All workshops will provide an informed understanding of what technical and research professionals do. You will be exposed to experimental techniques, design skills, teamwork, and the tools of the trade in an effort to establish and enhance your lesson plans. Various experimental techniques will be presented.
Workshops and Information Sessions
- Introduction to Engineering (EG): This 3-day workshop focuses on problem solving skills and hands-on activities that can be incorporated into any classroom.
- BEST (Brooklyn Enterprise on Science & Technology): Learn about NYU-Poly’s groundbreaking Business Incubators.
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) will team up with NYU-Poly to present a program model that facilitates communication, collaboration, and team work among scientists.
NYU-Poly will Provide
- Housing for 5 days/4 nights in Othmer Residence Hall on NYU-Poly's MetroTech campus
- 9 Meals: Wednesday – lunch and dinner; Thursday – breakfast, lunch and dinner; Friday – breakfast, lunch and dinner; Saturday – breakfast and lunch
- Classroom and laboratory space and materials
- Transportation to all off-site locations via subway
Cost for Participants
- Round trip travel to NYU-Poly
- Registration fee of $50 per person made payable to NCSSSMST
- Meals: Saturday – dinner; Sunday – breakfast and lunch
- Entrance fees/cost to local tourist attractions
Friday, April 22, 2011
You will be notified with a decision by Friday, April 29, 2011.