Join your fellow classmates for a memorable camping experience at Camp Timber Lake West. The camp is located in New York's Catskill Mountains and its 320 acres features a private spring-fed lake and an array of other facilities. The trip includes transportation, meals, entertainment, giveaways, and the opportunity to get to know NYU-Poly staff and your peers in a relaxing fun environment. Highlights of the trip include sports competitions, an introduction to the Inno/Vention competition, karaoke and so much more. Don't miss out on this last chance to enjoy the summer weather!
Overview of Camp
Meals: Lunch and dinner are provided on Thursday. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided on Friday. We will attempt to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please indicate any when registering below.
Cabins: Enclosed cabins, camp beds with mattresses, indoor bathroom facilities (including hot showers) in all cabins. Males and females housed separately. And there will be trained cabin leaders in each cabin.
Facilities: Dining hall, gym, basketball, tennis, volleyball, athletic fields, outdoor swimming pool, indoor skating rink, game room, movie room and theater.
Activities: Sporting team events, competitions, games, arts and crafts and free time. Professional entertainment will highlight the experience. There will also be a camp store for last minute goodies and any camp needs.
Supervision: Members of the faculty, staff and administration are present at all times to monitor the programs and events. Additionally, a group of almost 50 student leaders assist with running this event.
NSCE Packing List:
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets & blanket)
- At least two (2) sets of suitable clothes
- Comfortable shoes or sneakers (you'll be playing games and running around)
- Warm jacket, sweater or sweatshirt
- Personal care items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Flashlight and batteries
- Baseball cap, hat, sunglasses, etc.
- Weatherproof jacket, raincoat or poncho
- Bathing suit
- Sports equipment (softball glove, tennis racket, etc.)
- CD/DVD players, iPod
- Snacks (Meals are provided but snacks are limited)
- Reading material (book or magazine for bus ride and free time)
- Small amount of spending money
- You should NOT bring your laptop computer or other valuables to camp.
- It may get COLD at night. It is best to prepare for a wide range of temperatures.
Disclaimer of Liability
All attendees are required to fill out and return the Disclaimer of Liability.
New Student Orientation
Remember to also sign-up for New Student Orientation at engineering.nyu.edu/nso/rsvp.