Building the Broadband Economy: The Education "Last Mile"
Building the Broadband Economy is an international summit attracting attendees from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. Produced in partnership with the Polytechnic Institute of New York University, it is a unique opportunity to learn from the world’s most dynamic communities how to use information and communications technology to build prosperous, inclusive and sustainable communities.
The Education Last Mile
In 2010, as the globe slowly recovers from the Great Recession, our theme is "The Education Last Mile: Closing the Gap from School to Work." The Broadband Economy requires communities to continually raise the skill levels of citizens at all ages and in all walks of life. But investments in education pay no dividends to the community if the people with new skills cannot find desirable and challenging work in the local economy. You will hear from Smart21 and Top Seven Intelligent Communities that have grappled with this challenge and developed innovative strategies to close the education "last mile." Click here to download a copy of our white paper, "The Education Last Mile."
- Creating the Intelligent Community Workshop, 12:00-5:00 pm
- Intelligent Communities Alumni Dinner, 7:00-10:00 pm
- BBE 2010 Summit Day One, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Top Seven Intelligent Communities Reception, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- BBE 2010 Summit Day Two, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Intelligent Community Awards Luncheon, 1:00 – 3:00 pm