About the Conference
WSDM (pronounced "wisdom") is a young ACM conference intended to be the publication venue for research in the areas of search and data mining. Indeed, the pace of innovation in these areas prevents proper coverage by conferences of broader scope. The high attendance at the first two WSDMs, held at Stanford University and Barcelona in February 2008 and 2009, has confirmed community interest in a more focused venue.
WSDM publishes original, high quality submissions related to search and data mining on the Web, with an emphasis on practical but principled novel models of search and retrieval, algorithm design and analysis, economics implications, and in-depth experimental analysis of accuracy and performance.
Day 2 Schedule
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
8:45 - 10:00 a.m.
Welcome and Invited Talk: Soumen Chakrabarti, Associate Professor, Indian Institute
of Technology, Bombay
10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:10 a.m.
Session 1: Web Search
- Leveraging Temporal Dynamics of Document Content in Relevance Ranking
- Jonathan L. Elsas and Susan T. Dumais
- Towards Recency Ranking in Web Search
- Anlei Dong, Yi Chang, Zhaohui Zheng, Gilad Mishne, Jing Bai, Ruiqiang Zhang, Karolina Buchner, Ciya Liao and Fernando Diaz
- Ranking Mechanisms in Twitter-Like Forums
- Anish Das Sarma, Atish Das Sarma, Sreenivas Gollapudi and Rina Panigrahy
- Learning Concept Importance Using a Weighted Dependence Model
- Michael Bendersky, Donald Metzler and W. Bruce Croft
- Query Reformulation Using Anchor Text
- Van Dang and W. Bruce Croft
12:10 - 1:30 p.m.
1:30 - 3:10 p.m.
Session 2: Tagging and Recommendation
- Tagging Human Knowledge
- Paul Heymann, Andreas Paepcke and Hector Garcia-Molina
- Precomputing Search Features for Fast and Accurate Query Classification
- Venkatesh Ganti, Arnd Konig and Xiao Li
- I Tag, You Tag: Translating Tags for Advanced User Models
- Robert Wetzker, Carsten Zimmermann, Christian Bauckhage and Sahin Albayrak
- Pairwise Interaction Tensor Factorization for Personalized Tag Recommendation
- Steffen Rendle and Lars Schmidt-Thieme
- fLDA: Matrix Factorization through Latent Dirichlet Allocation
- Deepak Agarwal and Bee-Chung Chen.
3:10 - 3:40 a.m.
4:40 - 5:00 p.m.
Session 3: Information Extraction
- Coupled Semi-Supervised Learning for Information Extraction
- Andrew Carlson, Justin Betteridge, Richard C. Wang, Estevam R. Hruschka Jr. and Tom M. Mitchell
- Adapting Information Bottleneck Method for Automatic Construction of Domain-oriented Sentiment Lexicon
- Weifu Du, Songbo Tan, Xueqi Cheng and Xiaochun Yun
- Data-oriented Content Query System: Searching for Data into Text on the Web
- Mianwei Zhou, Tao Cheng and Kevin Chen-Chuan Chang
- Corroborating Information from Disagreeing Views
- Alban Galland, Serge Abiteboul, Amélie Marian and Pierre Senellart
7:00 - 10:00 Conference Banquet