New Graduate Student Orientation will be active from January 11, 2010 until January 20, 2010 (with no offerings on Monday, January 18in observance of the MLK Holiday). During this time you will have the opportunity to register for classes, learn about the university, meet new people and experience New York City. As a new student at the Polytechnic Institute of NYU it is important that you take advantage of all orientation has to offer. The highlights are:
- Grad Orientation Central will be open from 9am until 5pm Monday thru Friday starting on January 11 and ending on January 20, 2010 (we will be closed on January 18). You will need approximately 30 minutes - 1hour to visit the various desks and fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Graduate Student Life Seminar is required and will cover the necessary elements of being a new student at NYU-Poly.
- I²E Seminar is a highly recommended session. You will learn about the university’s commitment to providing each student with an opportunity for Invention, Innovation and Entrepreneurship or as we call it - I²E.
- New International Students Seminar is required for all new International Students. This seminar will provide you with facts about being an International Student at NYU-Poly and in the United States.
- Optional Workshops will be offered during orientation about topics such as library resources, career management, financing your graduate school education and more.
- Walking Tours will cover the NYU-Poly campus, the local Brooklyn area and the NYU Washington Square campus.
- New Graduate Student Events will give you a chance to meet other new students in a fun and unique environment.