CEO at RISE Products
Bertha Jimenez is the co-founder of RISE, a food-tech startup that uses its patent-pending process and technology to convert organic byproducts into food-grade ingredients. Currently, RISE is focusing on turning the by-product of the beer into an ultra-nutritious and tasty flour. Jimenez received her Ph.D. from NYU School of Engineering in May 2016. Her doctoral thesis was entitled the Entrepreneurial Sandbox: The role of co-curricular programs on nurturing student entrepreneur.
Watch Bertha speak about RISE:
Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral, 2004
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineer
Portland State University, 2008
Master of Science, Engineering and Technology Management
New York University, 2016
Ph.D., Technology Management and Innovation
Cofounded a company that aims to create a Real-Time-Industrially Symbiotic Exchange for manufacturer through a network in which they can buy or sell industrial byproducts. www.risemarketplace.com
From: November 2012 to present
Cofounded a company that designs and sells solar powered irrigation products and services to help the farmers in Kenya.
From: October 2011 to November 2012
Efficacitas Consulting Company
From: November 2003 to September 2006
D.I.E.C. Cia. Ltda
From: October 2008 to August 2009
- Jimenez, B., Angelov, B., and Rao, B. (2011). Service Absorptive Capacity: Its Evolution and Implications for Innovation. Journal of the Knowledge Economy, (accepted for publication)
- Daim, T., Yates, D., Peng, Y., & Jimenez, B. (2009). Technology assessment for clean energy technologies: The case of the Pacific Northwest. . Technology in Society, 31(3), 232-243.
- Jimenez, B. (2015). The Entrepreneur’s Masquerade Ball: Reflecting and Enacting Identity, Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, June 10 – 13, 2015 Boston, Massachusetts.
- Jimenez, B. (2013). Student Business Plan Competitions as an Institution: An Institutional Perspective on Student Business Plan Competitions, Academy Management Conference, August 9-13, Orlando, Florida
- Jimenez, B. & A. Fayard (2013). Cultivating Young Aspiring Entrepreneurs: Student Business Plan Competitions as a Socialization Process, Organization Studies Summer Workshop, May 23- 25, Mykonos, Greece
- Rao, B., & Jimenez, B. (2011). A comparative analysis of digital innovation ecosystems. In Technology Management in the Energy Smart World (PICMET), 2011 Proceedings of PICMET'11: (pp. 1-12). IEEE.
- Jimenez, B., Alvear, A., AlYabes, A., & Olaoye (2007), A. Technology Assessment and Selection of Renewable Energy Sources in the Galapagos Islands - Ecuador. Management of Engineering and Technology, Portland International Center, pp 2509 – 2529.
- Jimenez B., Wiesner I. Alternatives for optimizing the production process of a Mini Steel Mill. Technology Magazine - ESPOL, 2004.