Visiting Student Registration for Online Courses
Individuals who wish to register for an online course as a non-degree student must complete a visiting student registration form each semester.
An individual requesting permission to register as a non-degree student is assigned a special student status. Included in this status are individuals who want to take courses for professional advancement, personal development, or individuals from other universities wishing to transfer credit back to their university, but who do not want to earn a degree.
At this time, for certain states, NYU is unable to enroll students into any online courses in our online master’s degrees and advanced certificates. To make sure that your state is not listed in the restricted states list please visit our State Restrictions page.
You may also contact the state’s higher education regulation authorities or a NYU Enrollment Specialist for more details.
- Please review the Visiting Student Registration Form for specific steps and requirements for your enrollment.
- Visiting students registration is limited to nine credit hours, and may take up to six credit hours maximum per semester.
- When registering for an NYU Tandon School of Engineering course, you assume all associated tuition and fee liabilities. Please view tuition and fees here.
- Course availability varies by semester (please see the online course offerings) and registration priority is given to degree-seeking students. Normally, Visiting Students are not eligible to register until the week prior to the start of the semester. This restriction does not apply to online courses. Please contact NYU Tandon Online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who wish to register for an online course must complete a visiting student registration form each semester.
Upon completion of this form, you will need to submit in a copy of your:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Photo ID
International prospective students must also submit:
- TOEFL Score
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria or have questions about whether or not you may still participate in an online course, please contact NYU Tandon Online at 646.997.3623 or email@example.com.
* Individuals who wish to register for a course on the Brooklyn campus must speak directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
*If you wish to register for an undergraduate course, please click here.
Please click on the registration form button above to register.
Dates last updated on: 01/11/2019
|Semester||Visiting Student Documentation Due|
|Spring 2020||January 20, 2020|
|Summer 2020||May 19, 2020|
|Fall 2020||August 26, 2020|