Enterprise Architecture: Integrating People, Processes, and Technology to Achieve Strategic Goal
Format: 6 week course
The Enterprise Architecture: Integrating people, processes, and technology to achieve strategic goals framework (online) program leverages the Enterprise Architecture (EA) framework to enable your organization to become more digital and agile and ensure it is future-ready. Accelerate your career in enterprise architecture with a strategic curriculum designed by industry experts and faculty from NYU Tandon, and become a strategic enabler, creating new opportunities for business expansion and growth.
This six-week program is designed to help technology professionals develop a strategic understanding of the scope, role, and potential of enterprise architecture(EA). Throughout the program, you will:
- Explore enterprise architecture(EA) as a holistic integration of people, processes, and technology that enables organizations to meet business needs and achieve strategic goals.
- Identify challenges and opportunities for developing, maintaining, and growing EA within an organization.
- Evaluate the advantages and limitations of various EA frameworks.
- Apply “Enterprise Architecture as Strategy” framework to develop a complete and compelling EA road map for your organization.
- Develop strategies for collaborative co-ownership and facilitation of road map development and implementation.
- Leverage the EA framework to enable and prioritize opportunities for business expansion and growth.
- Communicate the role of EA in achieving strategic goals and becoming a “future-ready” organization.
Who Should Attend
Enterprise Architecture(EA) is a strategic program designed to help technology leaders understand how EA evolves and learn important strategies for improving the resilience of their EA, in addition to enabling them to scale and grow EA in alignment with their business. It is ideal for individuals with significant work experience (10–15 years), including:
- Information Technology Leaders and Professionals looking to understand the different EA approaches and strategies to transform their organization
- Mid- to Senior-Level Enterprise Architecture Professionals seeking to gain a deeper understanding of EA and add a credential to their profile
- IT/Technology Consultants looking to build better solutions for their clients
This program is designed to help technology leaders and mid- to senior-level IT and technology management professionals build a comprehensive enterprise architecture(EA) transformation plan for their organization.Module 1: Decoding EA
Explore ways to best articulate the business value of EA, and justify a focus on EA to your team and organization before you begin developing or implementing an EA.
- Identify the potential challenges of developing, maintaining, and growing an EA within your organization.
- Articulate how EA could enable your organization to become more digital and agile.
Module 2: Introducing EA Frameworks
Examine the capabilities of an EA and the different types of EA frameworks that can be used to establish meaningful and measurable business priorities for driving IT investments.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of different EA frameworks.
- Compare and contrast an “EA as Strategy” framework with other frameworks such as TOGAF and Zachman.
- Assess the EA maturity of your organization and describe the current state of your EA
Module 3: Key Issues in Developing Successful EA Implementations
Learn how IT can support the growth and evolution of organizations through EA.
- Explain how EA influences the business architecture and strategic capability within your organization and your rationale behind EA priorities and recommendations.
- Analyze business growth challenges, and recommend feasible EA initiatives to address them.
Module 4: Creating Road Maps to Deliver Benefit and Enable Flexibility
Explore the process of prioritizing initiatives and establishing an EA milestone-driven project plan to build a foundation for long-term strategic agility.
- Determine the earned value associated with your top five EA priorities, and articulate three to five tangible outputs of each.
- Develop an EA milestone-driven project plan that details out associated accountabilities.
Module 5: EA Outsourcing, Project Prioritization, and Governance
Learn how to leverage the EA framework to develop better, more fully integrated product backlogs that support and enhance a more strategic and agile architecture.
- Learn how to use EA to determine what to outsource and where to invest in internal capabilities.
- Assess the current project governance structure of EA initiatives within your organization.
- Recommend a governance structure that ensures your EA initiatives stay aligned with business priorities
Module 6: EA as Strategic Enabler of New Product and Service Growth Opportunities
Discover how investing in partnerships and collaborations is the key to a thriving ecosystem, and examine approaches EA leaders can take to encourage active participation.
- Describe the relevant platform ecosystems your organization competes in.
- Propose an approach to using an EA model to devise a strategy for participating in or leading a platform ecosystem.