Immersive Labs is a cyber skills development platform. Using scenario-driven games, real-time threat intelligence, and current cyber frameworks, it immerses students in challenges with the goal of developing skills that reduce cyber risk.
No matter whether a cyber newcomer or a seasoned pro, Immersive labs provides an opportunity for the student to learn and practice all the skills required for a role in cyber security.
The learning is split into digestible, engaging labs that are either theory based or practical.
- Theory labs provide information and resources and typically include interactive quizzes or mini-games.
- Practical labs equip the student with a virtual environment and the tools required to complete real-world challenges.
The Labs’ objectives are mapped to industry-leading frameworks, including NICE Framework and MITRE ATT&CK™, and align with specific skills and job roles. Industry professionals dictate the learning priorities and address any skill gaps.
- Exploring the investigative techniques necessary to protect privacy and security online
- Discovering operating system concepts which are important to cyber security professionals
- Iterating networking concepts which are important to cyber security professionals.
Register for the Digital Cyber Academy
Students can sign-up for an account with Immersive Labs using their @nyu.edu email address.
Students earn points for each lab they complete.
The Immersive Labs Badge is awarded when 17,625 points are earned.