- Regular teaching appointment at the middle or high school level in a school located in New York City (all five boroughs).
- Three years of full-time teaching experience in STEM disciplines.
- Endorsement by the school principal.
- Six weeks: July 10, 2017—August 18, 2017
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 A.M.—5:00 P.M., on NYU School of Engineering’s 6 MetroTech campus
Project participants who successfully complete all requirements (including submission of final project report; academic year follow-up—attend the RET Day @ NYU in fall, participate in two Research Seminars/semester, and mentor student teams at their schools to participate in an annual Inno/Vention student idea competition at NYU; and assessment activities), will receive a stipend of $7,500. Income tax obligations are the responsibility of the teachers.
To receive a full stipend, participants are required to:
- Attend all training, research, and presentation activities.
- Complete assigned engineering research, oral presentation, comprehensive research report, and project web page.
- Participate in academic year follow-up activities.
- Conduct assessment of project impact in their classrooms and provide the results for reporting to NSF.
Each school must submit a complete application package for
its teacher/s. A complete application package consists of the
application form, résumé, essay, and reference letters.
Applications may be hand delivered, mailed, or e-mailed.
Finalists for the 2017 project will be announced on the
project web site by
May 1, 2017 June 1, 2017.
March 31, 2017
Updated Deadline: May 15, 2017
Online: Click here
RET Site Open House:
Information Session on
March 6, 2017 @4:30pm
Updated: May 2, 2017 @4:30pm
Professor Vikram Kapila
Teaching STEM with Robotics
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
6 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Tel: (646) 997-3161, Fax: (646) 997-3532