In order to reserve space and hold an event at the School of Engineering you must be affiliated as a staff member, faculty member, or student group member. If you do not fall into one of these categories you must have a School of Engineering event sponsor. An event sponsor is a person who is affiliated with the School of Engineering (as staff, faculty, or student group) and is willing to book a venue and take care of other services on your behalf. They will be responsible for any charges or schedule conflicts that may arise.
Because space is limited, the priority necessarily must be given to supporting the teaching and research initiatives of the School of Engineering programs and associated faculty, researchers and students. Accordingly, no event – internal or external – may interfere with previously scheduled academic classes or events.
Helpful Steps to Hold an Event at the School of Engineering
Booking a venue
School of Engineering faculty or staff must book the venue.
1) Go on to the School of Engineering's online room reservation system (internal use only) for booking rooms in the Dibner Building (Pfizer Auditorium, LC400, LC433), Rogers and the Conference Rooms of 15 MetroTech Center.
Although an account is required to make reservations, faculty and staff can view the calendar showing reserved events. If you have any questions about the online reservation system, please call 646.997.3200.
Online Room Reservation (internal use only)
Student groups can contact Student Activities and Resource Center for assistance on booking rooms.
Important information to consider prior to submitting a request for a room or event space:
- Reservation requests are processed during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- Requests for reservations which are made less than seven (7) business days in advance may not be accommodated depending on time, space and set-up requirements.
- The anticipated demands on the facility and the nature and size of the event will be considered in determining space assignments.
- Requests for specific rooms or space will be honored, when possible. The Director of Administration reserves the right to reassign space, when necessary, and to identify a suitable alternative space for the original reservation.
- The room administrator reviews and approves/denies room request.
- Approved requests will show up on EMS with the event title and room location. The room administrator will coordinate security requirements with Public Safety.
- Denied requests will not have a room location on the EMS calendar.
- If approved, the organizer should input any Media Services and/or Information Technology (IT) support required directly into EMS to request services.
2) Contact the Registrar’s Office for booking classroom space
3) Contact Undergraduate Admissions at 646.997.4444 for booking the 2nd-floor space in Wunsch Hall.
4) Interested in other venues in Downtown Brooklyn?
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership maintains a local venue directory via Spacefinder NYC:
1) To submit event digital signage for the School of Engineering E-board display
2) Guidelines for printed event signage and logo usage
University Event Signage Guide
School of Engineering Logos
3) Add an event on the School of Engineering event calendar
4) Consider listing your event on other local event calendars:
5) Utilize Social Media for Live Events
1) To request audiovisual and media support for an event (outside of an EMS request) email Media Support
2) To book on campus dining through Two Squares Catering for an event
Faculty & Staff Catering Guide
For other catering options, please refer to the list of University Approved Caterers
3) To make a work order or to notify Facilities and Security of special needs or large events
NYU Client Services Center
285 Mercer Street, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10003
Tel: +1 212-998-1001
Fax: +1 212-995-4671
Website: NYU Client Services Center
4) For printing, shipping and logistics inquires, please contact the
Mail Room & Copy Center
5) To coordinate with or plan an event at NYU
NYU Event Planning Resources
NYU Event Management and Purchasing Info
6) To request photography (fees may apply)
NYU Photo Bureau
7) To obtain NYC permits (Street Activity, Temporary Structures, etc.)
NYC Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management
Brooklyn Local Guide