In order to hold an event at the School of Engineering you must be affiliated as a staff member, faculty member, or student group member. If you do not fall into one of these categories you must have a School of Engineering event sponsor. An event sponsor is a person who is affiliated with the School of Engineering (as staff, faculty, or student group) and is willing to book a venue and take care of other services on your behalf. They will be responsible for any changes or schedule conflicts that may arise. Because space is limited, the priority necessarily must be given to supporting the teaching and research initiatives of the School of Engineering programs and associated faculty, researchers and students. Unfortunately, requests originating from outside of the school cannot be accommodated.
Helpful Steps to Hold an Event at the School of Engineering
Booking a venue (School of Engineering faculty/staff must book the venue)
1) Go on 25Live for booking Pfizer Auditorium, LC400, LC433, Private Dining Room & the Confrence Rooms of 15 MetroTech Center. Although an account is required to make reservations, faculty and staff can view the calendar showing reserved events. (Please note this system is internal and only available from within the campus network.)
scheduler.poly.edu (internal use only)
Student groups can contact Student Activities and Resource Center for assistance on booking rooms.
2) Contact the Registrar’s Office for booking classroom space
3) Interested in other venues in Downtown Brooklyn?
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership maintains a local venue directory:
1) To submit event digital signage for the School of Engineering E-board display
2) To put an event on the School of Engineering event calendar and setup an event on the School of Engineering website
For all questions and policies regarding Marketing & Communications, including Press & Marketing support, email, and creative services, please visit: engineering.nyu.edu/communications. You can also find the School of Engineering logos and a style guide here.
3) If appropriate, consider listing your event on other local event calendars
4) Utilize Social Media for Live Events
1) To request audio visual and media support for an event, open a new ticket and fill in the form
2) To book on campus dining through Lackmann Dining Services for an event
3) To make a work order or to notify Facilities and Security of special needs or large events
NYU Client Services Center
285 Mercer Street, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10003
Tel: +1 212-998-1001
Fax: +1 212-995-4671
Website: NYU Client Services Center
4) For printing, shipping and logistics inquires, please contact the
Mail Room & Copy Center
5) To coordinate with or plan an event at NYU
NYU Event Planning Resources
6) To find discounted hotel rooms for guests of the School of Engineering
List of the School of Engineering hotel discounts
Local Area Guide