"A Bridge to NYU Tandon" is a uniquely designed program to give students lacking a background in computer science a gateway to a master's degree in the field.
Computer technology has permeated nearly every aspect of today's society — communication, transportation, education, medicine, entertainment, business — and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. If you want to join the rewarding field of computer science, but lack the necessary background to get into a top-notch graduate school, "A Bridge to NYU Tandon" is a fast and convenient way to advance your education. Since many of the best positions in growing fields like cyber security, data science, and artificial intelligence require an advanced degree, we designed this online program to prepare you for entrance into the computer science or cybersecurity master’s program at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering. Students with a humanities, arts or social science undergraduate degree will find this program particularly beneficial as you may have little to no computer science training.
* The Bridge Program is designed specifically for domestic students.
- Convenient online format so you can take part from anywhere
- Accelerated 15-week course format for fall and spring, 14 weeks in summer
- Live and recorded classes with interactive modules provide a flexible education tailored to your schedule
- 30-40 hours per week to finish the program
- Only $1,500 for the entire program (the equivalent of three traditional courses)
Any student who completes this intensive online program with a grade of B+ or better, and meets all other School of Engineering admission requirements, will be admitted to the Master’s program in Computer Science or Cybersecurity upon submission of a complete application — learn more about graduate admissions.
To apply, you must have a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Domestic applicants must review State Restrictions before submitting an application.
Summer 2017: deadline has passed
Fall 2017: July 9, 2017
Request Information Apply Now
Topics Covered in the Bridge Program
- Fundamentals of system hardware Number Systems
- Compilation and Execution process Data Types and Expressions Branching statements
- Iterative Statements (loops) Intro to Algorithm Analysis
- Functions, abstraction and runtime stack Arrays
- Strings Recursion
- Pointers and dynamic storage
- Object Oriented Programming concepts File Processing
- Searching and Sorting Linked Lists
- Stacks and Queues
- Trees and Binary Search trees Computer Organization Assembly language basics Intro to OS Concepts Processes & Threads
- Thread concurrency and deadlocks Memory Management
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions
"The Bridge Program provided me the opportunity to learn the fundamentals that are required for graduate study in the field, even though my undergraduate degree is in Psychology. Over the course of the program, I improved my knowledge of C++ and learned important concepts in Data Structures, Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. The small class size and supportive, excellent professors made the Bridge Program a very rewarding experience for me. The program is truly unique in offering students from diverse academic backgrounds a pathway to pursuing an M.S. in Computer Science at NYU Tandon."
— Meredith Mante
"I'm so grateful to have accepted this challenging opportunity to be a part of the NYU Computer Science Bridge Program this summer. This ambitious program is the dream crash course for anyone thirsting to understand what fundamentals are necessary to tackle computer science, degree or not. I highly recommend this course to the dedicated individual seeking a deeper level of understanding for what they don't know (yet) in a short frame of time."
— Yin Mei