Master of Science, Computer Science
Post Graduate Studies, Systems Management
Bachelor of Science,
Post Graduate Study, Computer Science
Book and Magazine Editor
Editor for SIGS books and Magazines
From: January 1994 to January 2001
Major Stock Exchange and PAR Systems
* Project Manager; System Architect; Software Engineer
* Project Manager - Managed the planning, architecture development, and implementation of distributed object-oriented 3-tier client/server Broker and Specialist systems using state-of-the-art project management and design tools and techniques.
* Software Engineering - planned and implemented Software Engineering life cycle processes - principles, practices, and standards based on ISO, IEEE, and SEI standards. Responsible for project management and system development process improvements in Key Process Areas.
* Planned and designed the distributed architecture, centralized recovery system, and dynamic configuration environment for a broker support systems
* Configuration Management and Development Support Manager - Implemented Configuration Management, WEB based document repository, and process improvement
* Automated Test Tools - Responsible for the specification, design and implementation of automated test tools software products/scripts. Selected, and implemented vendor products.
From: January 1988 to February 1998
* Developed and delivered courseware and lectures for undergraduate studies in Information Systems, and Management disciplines
* Developed and delivered courseware and lectures for graduate (MBA) level courses in Information Systems, Technology, and Management disciplines
* Developed, and implemented programs consistent with institution goals and objectives
* Developed and delivered general and customized courseware in information technology and systems to corporate clients
* Chair and member of School of Business Curriculum Committee
* Member Ph.D. program planning and formal proposal development team
* Mentor for Cooperative Education and independent study students. Member Cooperative Education/Industry and Cooperative Education/Faculty advisory boards
From: January 1990 to May 1996
Strategic Planning Manager, Regional Account Manager
* Developed strategy sales plans for new and emerging products for the NYNEX/SNET territory. Organizational sales in excess of 1B annually.
* Identify and develop strategic solutions to meet client needs. Products included Central Office Local Area Networking, Packet Systems, and DOV multiplexes
* Identified and pursued specific computer and communications sales opportunities.
* Sold the first AT&T Packet Switching System.
* Consistently met or exceeded assigned quota and revenue targets. Received sales awards
* Developed and implemented VAR and VAD sales channel
* Managed strategic and tactical territory marketing sales plans. Sales achievement award
* Member Sales Program Development Teams (SPDT), USTA/UIS Showcase staff, Revenue Generation Task Force, and National Presentation Staff
From: May 1982 to February 1988
Manager Organizational & Strategic Planning, Systems Analyst/Prog
* Formulated long-range information technology and strategic plans to insure the attainment of corporate objectives. Produced Six Year Data Communications/Office Systems Strategic Plans. • Researched, evaluated, and recommended new technologies
* Developed and executed corporate plans for replacement of internal data network, including Request For Proposal, vendor selection, and funding
* Developed and implemented corporate office information system architectures and products
* Operations manager for the UNIX/C based Corporate Office Information Systems (COINS) and network supporting over 1000 users in the IS, Legal, Regulatory, and Network Engineering
* Delivered mechanized systems and technical consulting services to client organizations to meet process improvement goals and objectives - increased productivity and improved quality
* Designed and implemented information systems for client organizations utilizing structured and object-oriented system methodologies and CASE tools
* Developed and implemented standards for system installation, testing, performance measurement, and training
* Technical support for the internal BISCOM data communications network. Designed, programmed (UNIX/C), and implemented the Network Specification Language (NSL)
From: January 1973 to January 1982
From: January 1973 to August 1975