Information Systems provides support for all Institute desktop and laptop computers. We also provide laptop support for enrolled students.
Since 2000, the School of Engineering has required all of its students to have laptops. To view this years' laptop and software requirements, take a moment to read the Laptop Requirement Guide.
Notebook Computer Program
For more information on this year's specifications, view the 2015-2016 Notebook Computer Program Guide.
Laptop Support for Brooklyn Campus
Desktop Services for Brooklyn Campus
Desktop Support for Remote Campuses
Please submit a request with the Help Desk to have a technician visit your site.
Laptop Care and Support
For additional information, updates, and support, please visit your laptop manufacturer website.
- Always come to school with a fully charged battery
- Carry the Laptop in a padded case
- Lock the Laptop down when you leave it anywhere
- Clean the screen with only a slightly damp cloth
- Keep the Laptop in a cool, dry place
- Be careful not to spill anything on your laptop
- Be familiar with the School of Engineering computing policies
- Backup your data on a regular basis
- Don't leave your laptop unattended
- Don't lend your laptop to ANYONE
- Don't take your laptop apart (you may forfeit the warranty)
- Don't clean the screen with glass cleaner or any other cleaners. Use a damp cloth only.
- Don't toss your laptop around, even in a book bag or padded case
- Don't force the display to open flat, 180 degrees
- Don't place heavy objects on your laptop
- Don't bend the display
- Don't yank on any cables or force them in any way
- Don't use your laptop in extreme cold or heat (below 41 or above 95 degrees F)
Adobe Acrobat Professional
Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio,Word)
Microsoft Visual Studio
Wolfram Research Mathematica
Symantec EndPoint Protection (AV)