The incubators are home to several NYU Engineering faculty engineers-in-residence: faculty who leverage their entrepreneurial experience to assist start-ups and students through knowledge sharing about their own start-up efforts.
Faculty participate in a variety of ways, including:
- Advising students and act as mentors to young participants at the incubators
- Assisting resident companies at the incubators where there is affinity with the fellow's academic work or entrepreneurial experience
- Offering periodic lectures at the incubators about their own entrepreneurial experiences
- Inviting colleagues and visitors to the incubators for lectures and discussion
- Giving feedback on activities of the student entrepreneurship club (EIA)
- Serving as mentors to student teams involved in NYU's student entrepreneur competitions and help find appropriate faculty mentors for the various teams.