Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST)2001
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Power Engineering
NYU Polythechnic School of Engineering2014
PhD, Electrical Power Engineering
Con-Edison of New York
R&D Electrical Analyst
Non-network Reliability Project: • Reliability Modeling, Analysis and ranking evaluation of all 13 and 33 kV Auto loop feeders and 4kV networks • Reliability improvement recommendations and suggestions for all studied networks • Modeling and study distribution networks in Poly-voltage (Load flow and short circuit Analysis) software
From: January 2013 to present
1. A. Sedaghat and F. de León, “Thermal Analysis of Power Cables in Free Air: Evaluation and Improvement of the IEC Standard Ampacity Calculations”, published in the IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
2. A. Sedaghat and F. de León, “Improved Thermal Model for Power Cables in Air Installed in Circular Pipes: An Enhancement over the IEC Standard”, to be submitted in The IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery.
3. A. Sedaghat “Reconfiguration of power distribution system for loss reduction by genetic algorithm technique”, 10th annual conference of electrical engineering of Iran, Jan, 2004.
• Thermal and Ampacity Calculation and Analysis of Power Cables
• Real Time Thermal Rating (RTTR) Software Development for Power Cables
• Performing Finite Element Method Simulation
• Executing Experimental Tests for Validation of Simulations and Analytical Solutions
• Proposing Analytical Models and Solutions