Incoming Student Career Academy
The Tandon Career Services team is available to answer questions from incoming students.
Our team can be reached at email@example.com.
Tandon Summer 2021 Virtual Career Academy for Incoming Students
This summer learning experience is offered by the NYU Tandon Office of Career Services to incoming NYU Tandon undergraduate students and aims to provide an overview of the career services offered to NYU Tandon students, the recruitment timeline for college students, and what you can do to prepare. This session will be highly interactive and will provide a sneak peek at how to create your elevator pitch, how to start developing your networking skills, and other topics that will be essential for a successful college and internship experience!
Incoming Undergraduate Students: July 26
Topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the current employment landscape in the U.S.
- Mitigating factors - Discussion of current recruitment trends by industry
- Overview of the U.S. recruitment process
- Adapting your strategy to the current market realities
- Preparing your resume and cover letter for the U.S. job market - Do’s & Don'ts
- Get your Elevator Pitch Ready (including interactive exercises)
- Business etiquette in the U.S. - Understanding and navigating cultural differences
- Networking 101 for Students
- How are the sessions designed?
Each of the sessions has been designed to be highly interactive. Students will be encouraged to participate, share their perspectives and engage through small-group exercises.
- What do I gain from enrolling in the Summer Career Academy?
After attending the Summer Career Academy, incoming Tandon students will have an understanding of what to expect in terms of the job market in the United States, the recruitment process, how to effectively network as grad students, and how to present themselves to U.S. employers