Services and Financial Aid
The Opportunity Programs provide freshmen and continuing students with academic support services to help students reach their full academic potential and succeed at the School of Engineering. These services include:
- A mandatory pre-freshmen summer program which includes courses in Writing, Math, Physics and Computer Science
- Mandatory supplemental non-credit courses for incoming freshmen
- Supplemental non-credit courses in various subject areas
- Individual and group tutoring sessions
- Monthly group meetings and seminars
The Opportunity Programs offer students one-on-one academic, financial, personal and career counseling. Counseling sessions are scheduled to assist students in making the transition to college, as well as maintaining and managing their academic career throughout their stay at the School of Engineering.
HEOP students receive a financial aid package, which includes federal and NYS aid and well the NYU HEOP scholarship. CSTEP students financial aid packages are based on their family income and household size. CSTEP students receive a limited amount of stipend money and access to textbooks.