Summer Program for Automation Robotics and Coding
NYU’s Summer Program for Automation Robotics and Coding (SPARC) is a two-week, full-day summer program for introducing rising 9th through 12th high school students to the basics of robotics, mechatronics and programming on the NYU Tandon Downtown Brooklyn campus. SPARC is best suited for academically strong students with an interest, but not necessarily experience in robotics.
SPARC has been designed keeping in mind that learning by doing is the best way to teach new concepts. Throughout the program, our focus will be on providing extensive hands-on experience to students through a series of activities, tailored especially for challenging young minds and encouraging ‘Out of the Box’ thinking.
After creating and jumpstarting numerous successful STEM programs for students and teachers, NYU Center for K12 STEM Education has used its experience to develop an extensive program in exploration in the field of Mechatronics. The workshops will be conducted by experts in the field who have been teaching extensively and addressing audiences worldwide.
Students will learn how to use micro-controllers, interface sensors and actuators through the components provided in the robotic kit. Along with practical implementation, they will be given an insight into the history of robotics, and a glimpse of what the future holds for the automation industry and those who are a part of it.
Who can apply?
- Students entering 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in September 2018
- Academically prepared, highly motivated students who are willing to take initiative
- Applicants with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math
*International Students are welcome and encouraged to apply. Proof of English language proficiency is required as well as a F-1 Visa. Details on how to submit this information will be provided through the application process.
Program sessions and times
Choose one of the following sessions when you apply *
Session 1: July 2, 2018 - July 13, 2018 (except July 4th): 9:30 am - 5 pm- (FULL)
- Session 2: July 16, 2018 - July 27, 2018: 9:30 am - 4 pm
- Session 3: July 30, 2018 - August 10, 2018: 9:30am - 4pm
*Orientation for all sessions will be the Sunday before begining at 4pm
Application Time Frame
Students will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Expect to receive notification within two weeks of application submission.
- Tuition: $2,000 per two-week session
- Program Fee (special events and activities) of $100
- Housing is available at an additional cost of $510 for 2 weeks
- Meal plan is available at an additional cost of $340 (10 meals/week for two weeks)
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 646.997.3524