The new poly.edu: a message from Web and Media Services
NYU-Poly’s Web and Media Services department launched NYU-Poly’s brand new web site today, September 1. For over a year, we worked with representatives from every major NYU-Poly constituency and outside agencies to develop the site.
Our objectives for the new site are numerous — from increasing enrolment to facilitating industry-research partnerships. Primarily though, we want the site to simply look and feel better than any other academic web site and to present information as clearly as possible.
What We’re Most Proud Of
- Distinctive design and clean information architecture
- Rewritten and original content geared towards external audience
- Academic program presentation and organization
- Faculty profiles: a showcase for faculty to share their experiences and achievements. See an example.
What We’ll Be Working on Next
What first-time visitors to the site see is just the beginning of the new poly.edu. Still to come:
- Comprehensive curriculum information for academic programs
- Integrated groups site where users can create online communities for their on-the-ground activities
What do you think?
If you’re a member of the NYU-Poly community, or just passing through as you consider where you want to attend college or graduate school, we want to know what you think of the new poly.edu. What features do you like? What suggestions do you have for improvements? E-mail us with your thoughts.
Thank you for visiting,
Web and Media Services