Moscow Power Engineering Inst.2011
B. Sc., Electrical Engineering
University of Washington2016
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications:
- Y. Dvorkin, R. Fernandez-Blanco, D. S. Kirschen, H. Pandzic, J. P. Watson, and C. A. Silva-Monroy, "Ensuring Profitability of Energy Storage," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 611 - 623, 2017.
- M. Lubin, Y. Dvorkin, and S. Backhaus, "A Robust Approach to Chance Constrained Optimal Power Flow with Renewable Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 3840 - 3849, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, M. Lubin, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov, "Uncertainty Sets for Wind Power Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 3326 - 3327, 2016.
- K. Bruninx, Y. Dvorkin, E. Delarue, H. Pandzic, W. D’haeseleer and D. S. Kirschen, "Coupling Pumped Hydro Energy Storages with Unit Commitment," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 786 - 796, 2016.
- H. Pandzic, Y. Dvorkin, Y. Wang, and D. S. Kirschen, "Toward Cost-Efficient and Reliable Unit Commitment under Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 970 - 982, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, H. Pandzic, M. A. Ortega-Vazquez, and D. S. Kirschen, "A Hybrid Stochastic/Interval Approach to Transmission-Constrained Unit Commitment with Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 621 - 631, 2015.
Click here for the full list of publications.
Yury’s research focuses on developing modeling and algorithmic solutions to assist society in accommodating emerging smart grid technologies (e.g., intermittent generation, demand response, storage, smart appliances, cyber infrastructure) using multi-disciplinary methods in engineering, operations research, economics, and policy analysis.