Research Interests: Yury’s research focuses on developing modeling and algorithmic solutions to assist society in accommodating emerging smart grid technologies (e.g., intermittent generation, demand response, storage, smart appliances, cyberinfrastructure) using multi-disciplinary methods in engineering, operations research, economics, and policy analysis.
Moscow Power Engineering Inst. 2011
B.S., Electrical Engineering
University of Washington 2016
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
- Y. Dvorkin, R. Fernandez-Blanco, D. S. Kirschen, H. Pandzic, J. P. Watson, and C. A. Silva-Monroy, "Ensuring Profitability of Energy Storage," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 611 - 623, 2017.
- M. Lubin, Y. Dvorkin, and S. Backhaus, "A Robust Approach to Chance Constrained Optimal Power Flow with Renewable Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 3840 - 3849, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, M. Lubin, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov, "Uncertainty Sets for Wind Power Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 3326 - 3327, 2016.
- K. Bruninx, Y. Dvorkin, E. Delarue, H. Pandzic, W. D’haeseleer and D. S. Kirschen, "Coupling Pumped Hydro Energy Storages with Unit Commitment," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 786 - 796, 2016.
- H. Pandzic, Y. Dvorkin, Y. Wang, and D. S. Kirschen, "Toward Cost-Efficient and Reliable Unit Commitment under Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 970 - 982, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, H. Pandzic, M. A. Ortega-Vazquez, and D. S. Kirschen, "A Hybrid Stochastic/Interval Approach to Transmission-Constrained Unit Commitment with Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 621 - 631, 2015.