Yury is an Assistant Professor and Goddard Junior Faculty Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at New York University’s Tandon School of Engineering with an affiliated appointment at NYU’s Center for Urban Science and Progress.
Testimony – May 26, 2020
Testimony given before The New York City Council Committees on Consumer Affairs, Environmental Protection, Health, and Resiliency and Waterfronts Joint Oversight Hearing on Consolidated Edison’s Summer Preparations and the City’s Cooling Needs Summer Preparations and the City’s Cooling Needs
Research Interests: Yury’s research focuses on developing modeling and algorithmic solutions to assist society in accommodating emerging smart grid technologies (e.g., intermittent generation, demand response, storage, smart appliances, cyberinfrastructure) using multi-disciplinary methods in engineering, operations research, economics, and policy analysis.
Moscow Power Engineering Inst. 2011
B.S., Electrical Engineering
University of Washington 2016
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
- Y. Dvorkin, R. Fernandez-Blanco, D. S. Kirschen, H. Pandzic, J. P. Watson, and C. A. Silva-Monroy, "Ensuring Profitability of Energy Storage," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 611 - 623, 2017.
- M. Lubin, Y. Dvorkin, and S. Backhaus, "A Robust Approach to Chance Constrained Optimal Power Flow with Renewable Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 3840 - 3849, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, M. Lubin, S. Backhaus, and M. Chertkov, "Uncertainty Sets for Wind Power Generation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 3326 - 3327, 2016.
- K. Bruninx, Y. Dvorkin, E. Delarue, H. Pandzic, W. D’haeseleer and D. S. Kirschen, "Coupling Pumped Hydro Energy Storages with Unit Commitment," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 786 - 796, 2016.
- H. Pandzic, Y. Dvorkin, Y. Wang, and D. S. Kirschen, "Toward Cost-Efficient and Reliable Unit Commitment under Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 970 - 982, 2016.
- Y. Dvorkin, H. Pandzic, M. A. Ortega-Vazquez, and D. S. Kirschen, "A Hybrid Stochastic/Interval Approach to Transmission-Constrained Unit Commitment with Uncertainty," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 621 - 631, 2015.