Md. Faruque Hossain
Dr. Md. Faruque Hossain has over twenty years of experiences in research, development, and program management in sustainable energy, environment, building, civil, and infrastructure projects. He worked and/or consulted in diverse small companies to fortune listed companies and managed less than millions of dollars to more than a billion dollars of projects. Faruque also worked for the New York City as Director of Technical Services. He got his Ph.D. from Hokkaido University, did post-graduate research in Engineering at the University of Sydney, and Executive Education in Architecture at Harvard University. He is a LEED certified professional and editors of several International Journal of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering related field. Dr. Hossain is renowned as the industry leader and innovative scientist in the field of theoretical physics, renewable energy, sustainable environment, civil, infrastructure, and building engineering research and development.
Course Teaching (New York University)
- Cost Estimating (CE-GY 8263)
- Construction Project Management (CE-GY 8253)
Course Taught (Other Universities)
- Energy and Environment
- Sustainable Project Management
- Project Controls
- Structural Steel Design
Selective Project List (Lead the Program Management Team)
Energy and Power
- East River Substation, New York
- Bronx Substation, New York
- Staten Island Transmission, New York
Water and Environment
- Croton Water Treatment Plant, New York
- Newton Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant, New York
- Flushing Storage Tank, New York
- Bergen Basin Dams, New York
- East River Sluice Gate, New York
Bridge, Tunnels, Highway and Infrastructure
- Second Avenue Subway including tunnel, New York
- George Washington Bridge, New York
- High Line, New York
Ports and Heavy Civil
- Continental Airlines Runway and Terminal, Bush International Airport, Texas
- Newark International Airport, New Jersey
- JFK Airport Runway and Utilities, New York
- World Trade Center, New York
- 50 West Street Development, New York
- Flushing Commons, New York
- 118 East 59th Street, New York
- Harbor Point, Connecticut
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York
Sustainable Design and Build
Energy and Environment
Executive Education, Architecture
University of Sydney
Post Graduate Research, Engineering
From: July 2013 to September 2013
Teaching Course: Construction Management I
From: September 2008 to December 2008
Teaching Course: Structural Steel Design
From: September 2007 to December 2007
Teaching Course: Project Controls
From: September 2008 to December 2008
From: December 2000 to February 2007
From: February 2014 to February 2014
From: February 2007 to July 2007
MWH Global/New York City Department of Environmental Protection
From: July 2009 to February 2010
New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
From: April 2010 to September 2010
Green Globe Technology
From: September 2010 to present
Publications (Peer Reviewed)
1. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Green Science: Independent Building Technology to Mitigate Energy, Environment, and Climate Change. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 73; 695-705. (Elsevier).
2. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Green Science: Advanced Building Design Technology to Mitigate Energy and Environment. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 81; 3051-3060. (Elsevier).
3. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Design and Construction of Ultra-Relativistic Collision PV Panel and Its Application into Building Sector to Mitigate Total Energy Demand. Journal of Building Engineering. 9, 147-154. (Elsevier).
4. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Application of Advanced Technology to Build a Vibrant Environment on Planet Mars. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 14; 2709–2720. (Springer).
5. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Invisible Transportation Infrastructure Technology to Mitigate Energy and Environment. Energy, Sustainability, and Society. 7: 27; 1-12. (Springer).
6. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). Theory of Global Cooling. Energy, Sustainability, and Society. 6, 1-5. 20166:24. (Springer).
7. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). Solar Energy Integration into Advanced Building Design for Meeting Energy Demand. International Journal of Energy Research. 40, 1293-1300. (Wiley).
8. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). Integration of Wind into Running Vehicles to Meet Its Total Energy Demand. Energy, Ecology, and Environment. 2(1), 35-48. (Springer).
9. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). In Situ Geothermal Energy Technology: An Approach for Building Cleaner and Greener Environment. Journal of Ecological Engineering. 77; 49-55. (Polish Society of Ecological Engineering).
10. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). Production of Clean Energy from Cyanobacterial Biochemical Products. Strategic Planning for Energy and the Environment. 3; 6-23. (Taylor and Francis).
11. Md. Faruque Hossain (2016). Theoretical Modeling for Hybrid Renewable Energy: An Initiative to Meet the Global Power. Journal Sustainable Energy Engineering. 4; 5-36. (Wiley).
12. Md. Faruque Hossain and Hiroshi Mukai (2000). Importance of Nutrients (N, P, K and NO3 +NO2) in the development of Phylospdix iwatensis, Makino. Benthos Research. 55; 23-35. (The Japanese Association of Benthology).
13. Md. Faruque Hossain and Hidenobu Kunii (1998). Life History Traits of Zostera Japonica at Shinjiku, Matsue, Japan. Annual Proceeding of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. 33; 32-42. (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science).
14. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Breakdown of Bose-Einstein Photonic Structure to Produce Sustainable Energy (Under review-Elsevier).
15. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Transformation of Dark Photon into Sustainable Energy (Under review-Elsevier).
16. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). A design of Micro PV Panel (Submitted-Elsevier).
17. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Global Environmental Vulnerability and the Survival Period of Living Being on Earth (Submitted-Springer).
18. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Photonic thermal control to naturally cool and heat the building. Applied Thermal Engineering. (Elsevier). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.12.041
19. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Transformation of Transpiration. (Submitted-Top Tier Journal).
20. Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). Natural Mechanism to Console Global Water, Global Energy, and Global Warming Crisis. (Submitted-Top Tier Journal).
- Md. Faruque Hossain (2019). Sustainable Design and Construction (Monograph of 430 pages proposed book approved by Elsevier).
- Md. Faruque Hossain (2017). International Solutions to Sustainable Energy, Policies and Application-Chapter 4. ISBN978-0-8153-8102-0. CRC Press (Taylor and Francis Group).
Editor in Journals and Publications
- Editor in Chief-Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering. (Link)
- Editor-Journal of Ecological Engineering. (Link)
- Editor-International Journal of Energy Engineering. (Link)
- Editor-European Journal of Sustainable Development Research. (Link)
- Editor-MOJ Civil Engineering. (Link).
- International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environment, Development and Sustainability
- The New York Academy Sciences
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- New York Water Environment Association
- 1999-2000 Australian Research Council Fellowship (University of Sydney)
- 1997 Recognition Certificate for best Student Researcher (American Associaton for the Advancement of Science)
- 1994-1996 Japanese Government Full Bright Scholarship (Shimane University)
- 1980-1983 Bangladesh Government Talent Pool Scholarship (Hazrabari High School)
- 1977-1980 Bangladesh Government Talent Pool Scholarship (Hazrabri High School)