C. Nicolas Barati
New York University
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
University of Thessaly2010
Engineering Diploma, Computer and Communication Engineering
Hellenic Telecommunications Organization S.A. (OTE)
Study of the network state and topology of the company, maintenance of Huawei and Siemens distributors, troubleshooting of micro-scale networks.
From: June 2009 to July 2009
Hellenic Armed Forces
IT support and monitoring during compulsory military service at the Hellenic Army.
From: November 2010 to August 2011
Instruction of basic local area networking technologies and protocols through a set of laboratory experiments.
From: September 2012 to present
Building of a System level simulator in C++ for the 3GPP NR standard.
From: May 2017 to August 2017
Toyota Info Technology USA
V2V mmWave MAC Algorithms.
From: June 2015 to August 2015
- C Nicolas Barati, S Amir Hosseini, Sundeep Rangan, Pei Liu, Thanasis Korakis, Shivendra S Panwar, Theodore S Rappaport, "Directional cell discovery in millimeter wave cellular networks" in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2015 .
- C Nicolas Barati, S Amir Hosseini, Marco Mezzavilla, Thanasis Korakis, Shivendra S Panwar, Sundeep Rangan, Michele Zorzi, "Initial Access in Millimeter Wave Cellular Systems", in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2016.
- Marco Giordani, Marco Mezzavilla, C Nicolas Barati, Sundeep Rangan, Michele Zorzi, "Comparative analysis of initial access techniques in 5G mmWave cellular networks", Annual Conference on Information Science and Systems (CISS), Mar. 2016.
- C Nicolas Barati, S Amir Hosseini, Sundeep Rangan, Pei Liu, Thanasis Korakis, Shivendra S Panwar, "Directional cell search for millimeter wave cellular systems ", IEEE 15th International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Jun. 2014.
- C Nicolas Barati, S Amir Hosseini, Marco Mezzavilla, Sundeep Rangan, Thanasis Korakis, Shivendra S Panwar, Michele Zorzi, "Directional Initial Access for Millimeter Wave Cellular Systems", Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Nov. 2015.
- Sourjya Dutta, C Nicolas Barati, Aditya Dhananjay, Sundeep Rangan, "5G Millimeter Wave Cellular System Capacity with Fully Digital Beamforming", Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Oct. 2017.
- Millimeter wave cellular systems
- 5G MAC
- Wireless communications
- NYU Wireless
- Center for Advanced Technology in Telecommunications (CATT)