Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund
NYU Tandon School of Engineering received the Caroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund to provide quick-response emergency grants to matriculated students in good academic standing who are facing a short-term financial emergency. The goal of the fund is to help students remain in school without interruption and successfully complete their degree requirements.
Examples of QUALIFIED EMERGENCIES include:
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Fire in living quarters
- Temporary loss of job or income
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belonging
- Medical/Dental emergencies
- Food or transportation needs
- Travel expenses due to illness/death in immediate
- Overdue utility bills/turn off-notice
- Transportation card
- Loss of childcare
- Victims of Domestic Violence
- Other (you may give an explanation of your emergency)
The grant is NOT intended to cover:
- Previous college tuition debt/expenses
- Current full or partial tuition and University fees
- Legal representation/attorney fees in a criminal proceeding or NYU disciplinary proceeding
We are no longer accepting applications for this school year
- Complete and submit the online application form. The information submitted will be used to determine your eligibility for emergency assistance.
- Submit supporting documents
Students will be notified of a decision after two business days. Please be aware that this emergency assistance fund is a one-time award per emergency.