Programming and Data Structures
Format: microBachelors – 9 months
This program will teach you core computer science competencies in programming and data structures. Understanding how programming works is essential in many technical disciplines such Information Technology, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, and Computer Science. The courses utilize the C++ programming languages to establish a solid foundation in programming and data structures for the students. Students gain valuable hands-on experience programming solutions to problems in the labs. In the labs, students will practice their core programming skills and will also develop many advanced data structures including, hashtables, sorting and search algorithms, binary trees, AVL trees, graph algorithms and many more advanced computing topics. In addition to the applied programming labs, students will also gain an understanding of computational complexity through the analysis of the data structures and programs that are developed.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of object-oriented programming by using structures and classes in software projects.
- Use object-oriented programming techniques to develop executable programs that include elements such as inheritance and polymorphism.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of programming methodologies, including object oriented, structured, and procedural programming.
Who Should Attend
Learners interested in gaining fundamental knowledge in C++ as well as advanced programming topics in the C++ programming language, including file processing, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, binary search trees and tree balancing algorithms.
- Course 1: Introduction to Programming in C++
- Course 2: Advanced Programming in C++
- Course 3: Introduction to Data Structures
- Course 4: Advanced Data Structures
Presented in partnership with EdX