Format: Specialization – 4 months
This specialization provides learners with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to develop a strong foundation in information visualization and to design and develop advanced applications for visual data analysis.
The specialization is characterized by two main complementary features: (1) providing a strong understanding of visual perception and the theory of visual encoding to design and evaluate innovative visualization methods; (2) providing the necessary skills to develop advanced web-based applications for visual data analysis.
- Select the right visualization methods for a given data analysis and presentation problem
- Evaluate the quality of graphs according to their expressiveness and effectiveness
- Inspect Accuracy, Discriminability, Salience, and Separability, and their implications for design.
- Create data visualizations using D3.js
Who Should Attend
The specialization is designed for students, data analysts, researchers, developers and engineers interested in information visualization for data analysis.
- Information Visualization: Foundations
- Applied Perception
- Programming with D3.js
- Advanced Techniques
Presented in partnership with Coursea