Undergraduate Student Resources
Review the policies and procedures, career opportunities and advice from recent graduates
Additional Forms & Policies
Visit NYU Forms, Policies and Procedures for the following:
- Consent to disclose student information
- Change of student information
- Class withdrawal request, drop/add form
- Manage guest users on Albert Mobile
- Minor application
- Term withdrawal including the leave of absence
- FERPA (Family educational rights and privacy Act)
- Personal identification numbers
- Responsible use of NYU computer and data
Visit NYU CareerNet to find new job opportunities. There are more than 400 engineering companies currently aggregated, with more added monthly.
- To conveniently locate new engineering and tech positions search Job ID#1043022 or the job title of "Engineering & Tech Openings at Various Companies".
- To locate Civil Engineering and Construction Management jobs search Job ID#1053859.
Be sure to take advantage of NYU Tandon's Career Development resources.
Advice for First-Year Students
Experiential learning opportunities provides access to high-impact educational practices and allow students to showcase their experience to potential employers. In addition to incorporating experiential learning opportunities into many of our courses. NYU Tandon Department of Civil and Urban Engineering currently offers several experiential learning opportunities including
- Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP).
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) that is carried out through internships.
- Undergraduate research opportunities.
Civil Engineering students are encouraged to pursue experiential learning through a combination of courses in the three tracks shown above. Up to 6 credits may be used to satisfy the 129 credits required for B.S. in Civil Engineering.
Learn more about the Experiential Learning.