Please note: There will be no TCS competition during the 2015-2016 school year. For more information, please contact the TCS Department at TCS@nyu.edu.
The TCS Competition challenges the next generation to be socially and culturally aware of the impact technology has on society.
About the Competition
Each year the Department of Technology, Culture and Society (TCS) hosts the annual competition for high school students, challenging them to think critically about problems in our society and to create solutions in the following areas:
- Sustainable Urban Environments
- Science and Technology Studies: Medicine, Law, Science and Technology
- Integrated Digital Media
2014 TCS Competition finalists.
2014-2015 TCS Competition Winners and Finalists
Contest open to high school sophomores and juniors in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area.
- Academic scholarship to the School of Engineering: $20,000 ($5,000/year) for first place; $16,000 ($4,000/year) for second place; $12,000 ($3,000/year) for third place; and $4,000 ($1,000/year) for all finalists.
- First, second and third place trophies are given to the high schools of the team members
- Finalists plaques are also awarded to the high schools of the team members
The 2015 TCS Competition is proudly sponsored by: