The TCS Competition challenges the next generation to be socially and culturally aware of the impact technology has on society.
About the Competition
Each year the Department of Technology, Culture and Society (TCS) hosts the annual competition for high school students, challenging them to think critically about problems in our society and to create solutions in the following areas:
- Sustainable Urban Environments
- Science and Technology Studies: Medicine, Law, Science and Technology
- Integrated Digital Media
2014 TCS Competition finalists.
2014-2015 TCS Competition Winners and Finalists
Contest open to high school sophomores and juniors in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area.
- Academic scholarship to the School of Engineering: $20,000 ($5,000/year) for first place; $16,000 ($4,000/year) for second place; $12,000 ($3,000/year) for third place; and $4,000 ($1,000/year) for all finalists.
- First, second and third place trophies are given to the high schools of the team members
- Finalists plaques are also awarded to the high schools of the team members
Important Competition Dates
Monday, September 15, 2014
Mentors may begin registering their students to participate in the competition.
Please note: registration is now closed.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
TCS Competition webinar with TCS faculty, staff and current students to answer questions about the compeition.
Missed the webinar? Click here to view the recording.
Monday, December 15, 2014
Submission date. Submit a proposal (one page single spaced or two pages double spaced) (STS, SUE) or 30 second video (IDM).
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Finalists will be announced.
Tuesday, February 24 to Friday, February 27, 2015
Drop-in to meet with TCS faculty, staff and current students to answer questions about the competition. Drop-in hours are 9:00am-5:30pm.
Webinar: Question and answer for students. Information regarding citations, presenting final projects and finalist day. The webinar begins at 5:00pm.
Finalists competition begins at 9:00am.
Please note: Some dates are subject to change. Please actively check the website and email correspondence from the Department for updated information.
The 2015 TCS Competition is proudly sponsored by: