Information Services provides the following services for the wired network:
- Setup network access for new employees
- Troubleshoot issues related to the network
- Repair damaged network jacks
- Reconfiguration of network access during a relocation
Wireless Network Security
NYURoam wireless, the same WiFi that is used at NYU Washington Square, is now available at the School of Engineering. To connect, use the "nyu" SSID/network using your NYU NetID login and NYU Home password.
If you are unable to connect to the nyu wifi, you can manually configure your device using the instructions below.
If you are unable to connect to NYURoam, visit the Laptop Help Desk (Rogers Hall, Rm 339) or SoE IT Service Desk (Rogers Hall, Rm 337) for additional assistance.
IS provides the following phone services:
- Setup extension, phone, voicemail for new employees
- Setup PIN numbers for Long Distance calls
- Reset/change voicemail passwords
- Setup conferencing units for meetings (reservations are recommended to ensure availability)
- Replace defective equipments (phones and cables)
- Reconfigure jacks and phone setup during a relocation
- Coordinate with third-party vendors to add new connections for departments