Currently, only faculty and staff profiles are visible on engineering.nyu.edu | Send Questions To: email@example.com
Watch the video below to learn how to update your profile. You can also read or download written instructions.
Thereʼs a substantial amount of information — from publications to patents to courses taught —that you can update and add to your profile. Hereʼs how:
1. Login to engineering.nyu.edu by entering your Vision 2000/Peoplesoft credentials
- Your web profile will display when you successfully login
2. Click the "edit" button, which is about a third of the way down on the left-hand side of your profile page
3. Select the tab for the category you want to edit
4. Enter your information in the desired fields, or edit existing information. If youʼre pasting text from another source rather than typing it in, youʼll first need to copy the text into a text editor such as Notepad (PC) or BBEdit (Mac) and copy and past the text from the text editor into the desired fields
- Copy and pasting text into a text editor ensures that the text is “clean,” i.e., it doesnʼt preserve any formatting from Word or another source application
- Refer to the Web Style Guide for capitalization and other formatting
- Use the formatting tools to organize long descriptions into easy-to-read chunks, e.g., bullets and subheadings, rather than to decorate the text
- Avoid the phrase “click here” when creating a hyperlink. Using a publicationʼs title as a hyperlink, or an article or book title, for example, is better.
- Do NOT use all caps unless you need to emphasize a word or phrase
5. Click “save” at the bottom of the tab to preserve the changes youʼve made before going on to another tab
- To upload or change your headshot, go to the Account tab
- To edit your title and contact information, go to the Basics tab
- To return to your profile page when logged into the site, click on your username at the top of the screen
- The “content” button will take you to a list of pages, events, and other content that youʼve authored or been assigned editing access to. If you havenʼt created content or been assigned editing access, that screen will be empty.