We’re excited to inform you that the NYU Tandon School of Engineering has partnered with Tutor Matching Service (TMS) to provide students and tutors on campus with a new and easy way to connect with one another. Tutor Matching Service (TMS) is an online tutor list / tutor marketplace that matches students with tutors for both online and in-person tutoring sessions. TMS has partnered with universities across the country to ensure higher quality, safer, and more accessible tutoring for their students and local community. TMS takes care of the scheduling, booking and payments to allow tutors spend more time doing what they do best – coaching – and less time worrying about the ancillary details.
- Having selected a tutor, you must agree upon a time and location for your first meeting. You may be more comfortable holding tutoring sessions in a public place. The Dibner or Bobst Libraries are great options. If you are unable to meet in person, online tutoring sessions through Skype or other means are also viable choices.
- Encourage a phone conversation with potential tutors before meeting.
- Meet in daylight, preferably in a public place. If you have a cell phone, take it with you. Tell a friend or family member where you are going and when you intend to return. If your tutor is visiting your home, let them know that a family member or friend will also be there.
- Make sure to notify your tutor well in advance if you need to cancel a session.
- Exchange contact information and agree upon a no-show policy. You should agree upon a required amount of advance notice before a cancellation, and should establish a late policy as well.
Find a Tutor