Posted March 4th, 2011
Next Wednesday, March 9, is NYU-Poly’s annual Spring Career Fair. The Dibner Library offers tips in a recent article to help students and alumni prepare.
- Do some research! Look at the list of employers attending and focus on those you are interested in.
- Use the library's Company Research Guide to access more detailed information.
- Provide a succinct description of your background and clear idea of what you can offer. For tips, check out our books on interviewing.
- Attend early in the day when you and the recruiters are feeling fresh.
- Thank recruiters for their time and ask them for a business card for future correspondence.
The library’s collection of career planning books is another valuable resource for people at all stages of their careers.
The Spring Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, March 9, from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm in the Gymnasium. It's open to all students and alumni of NYU-Poly and NYU free of charge.