The Civility Campaign, an effort led by the Office of Student Activities and the Office of Graduate Student Services, is a campus-wide initiative to encourage faculty, staff and students to embrace civility by being responsible, respectful and engaged community members.
The Civility Campaign provides forums and opportunities for all campus community members to further expand their understanding of these concepts, in an effort to move toward the strengthening of critical dialogue on campus and an inclusive campus climate.
Tenets of the Civility Campaign
- Act with integrity and accept responsibility for my individual actions.
- Treat others with dignity, while showing respect for myself and others.
- Demonstrate concern for the well-being of others.
- Actively learn from people who are different from me.
- Practice academic honesty in the spirit of inquiry and discovery.
- Contribute to the University community through involvement and service.
- Promote the benefits of diversity by practicing and advocating openness, respect and fairness.
- Work toward being an informed citizen within my University community, local community and global community.
- Civility Week – September 23-25, 2013
- Documentary Days (first Friday of every month from 12:00-1:30 p.m.)
- Friday, September 6, 2013
- Friday, October 4, 2013
- Friday, November 1, 2013
- Friday, December 6, 2013
- NYU Ally Week – April 16-20, 2012
Pledge and Show Your Support for Civility!