Funding and Financials

Funding for Student Clubs

All recognized School of Engineering clubs and organizations are eligible to request funding for their events and programs from their respective Student Councils. You can submit a Budget Request on OrgSync in the "Treasury" tab under "More." 

Funding committee meetings are held on a bi-weekly basis in LC 223, and are presided over by the Treasurer. Please read through the following guidelines:

  • All requests less than $1000 must be submitted at a minimum of three weeks prior to the event or program. For example: if the Funding Committee falls on Sept 4, the event should be held Sept 25 or later.
  • All requests over $1000 require additional approval, and must be submitted four weeks prior to the event.
  • Student clubs should submit:
    • Budget Request Form (found online at OrgSync)
    • Detailed budget
    • Any supporting materials

For additional details, download: Student Organization Funding Process (pdf).

Payments and Reimbursements

Once your event or program has been approved for space and funding, you may need to reimburse your club members or pay vendors. All paperwork should be submitted to LC 223, and must include:

  • Student Expense Reimbursement Form or Payment Request Form
  • Itemized receipt, invoice, or contract (Note: all contracts must be signed by the OSARC or GSS)
  • W9 form if the external payee, whether individual or organization, has never been paid by the School of Engineering before

Student Expense Reimbursement Form (pdf)
This form is used to reimburse NYU students who have paid for items out-of-pocket for their specific student clubs. The student to be reimbursed must sign off on this form. An original receipt that is itemized should be attached to this form and turned into LC 223. Students will only be reimbursed if funding has been pre-approved.

Tax Exempt Form (pdf)
As a non-profit, the School of Engineering and those affiliated with it are eligible to make tax free purchases. Please use this form to submit to any vendors, restaurants, etc that your club is paying.

In order to pay any: Amplified Bands, Dance Companies/Troupes, Professional DJs, Non-School of Engineering Student DJs, utilize the School of Engineering Artist Contract (doc).

In order to pay any: Guest Presenters, Lecturers, Panelists, Workshop Facilitators, Trainers, Teachers, Instructors, Conductors, Art/Photo Exhibitors, Coaches, Judges, Poets, Spoken Word Performers, Comics, Theater Performers, Acoustic Music Performers and Ensembles, Soloists, Choirs, Glee Clubs, A cappella groups, Models, utilize the Guest Presenter Contract (doc).

Fundraising and Sponsorship

We strongly encourage our student clubs to seek funding avenues beyond those provided by Student Council. Student clubs have the ability to fundraise as well as to seek donations and sponsorship from outside organizations.

Your organization must register your intentions with the OSARC. We also strongly encourage you to set up a meeting with your Club Contact to review any donation requests.

Fundraising Request Form (on OrgSync)
If your organization wishes to conduct a fundraiser (either on campus or off campus), please complete and submit this form to OSARC at least three (3) weeks prior to the planned event. 

Donation Request template (doc)
To be utilized when seeking outside sponsorship. All intentions to request funds must be registered with the OSARC or GSL, all incoming funds must be processed through the Development Office for record keeping purposes. Please contact us to set up an in person meeting to review the process.

Collection of Funds Form (pdf)
This form should be submitted to deposit any donations or funds raised on behalf of your organization to your account.