Creativity in Engineering, Science and Technology (CrEST)
This NYU Tandon School of Engineering program on our downtown Brooklyn campus provides 60 hours of training to selected high school students with the option of receiving elective credit. You will conceive, prototype and build creative, interactive devices by learning and applying computer science, electronics, mechanical systems, physical computing, 3D printing, robotics, and other STEM disciplines. Offered in partnership with ExpandED Schools we are currently recruiting for the class of 2018. Students in the program will train with us from February through June, on Saturdays. Participants will then teach what they learned in public workshops for two weekends in late May and June. Beginning in July, students that complete the entire program will teach “STEM Camp” to middle school students through a possible paid summer internship.
- December 16, 2017 : 10am-12:30pm
- January 7th, 2018 : 2pm-4pm
- January 20th, 2018 : 2pm-4pm
Group interviews will be conducted during these information sessions, so please sign up for one half-hour time-slot!
We will be reviewing applications received before Tuesday January 23rd at 9pm.
Do I qualify for the Teen Apprenticeship Program?
- No prior experience necessary
- MUST BE A STUDENT FROM ONE OF THESE 46 SCHOOLS
- Have an interest in engineering and technology
- Must be 16 years old or older by July 1, 2018
- Want to teach middle school students what you learned
- Be able to fully commit to completing the apprenticeship program and the paid summer job