Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Location:NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering
- Contact:Joy Colelli
In an effort to showcase why Forbes Magazine has recognized the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering as “One of the Best Colleges for Women and Minorities in STEM” we are inviting you to attend our overnight program. Here you will discover what life will be like as a student and why female engineering students thrive at the NYU School of Engineering.
After arriving on campus on Sunday, March 30 (between 12:00-1:00pm), you will participate in the W.E.S.T. Symposium and Luncheon, meet with your assigned student ambassador for a walking tour of Brooklyn Heights and enjoy a group activity at our Othmer Residence Hall. You will then spend the night with other admitted students at the Hotel Indigo, located at 229 Duffield Street, two short blocks from campus. At 8:30am Monday morning, you will be accompanied by a student ambassador to experience a typical engineering class.
If you are unable to attend the W.E.S.T. Symposium, you may instead choose to spend the night with us on one of these other event dates:
- Sunday, April 13, 2014 - Admitted Student Day
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 - Invent Your Future: An Admitted Student Dinner
- All food and overnight accommodations will be covered by the School of Engineering and you will also be eligible for travel reimbursement up to $300.
- A staff member will act as chaperone and will conduct a check-in at 11pm on Sunday evening. The chaperone’s contact information will be provided in case of an emergency.
- If your parent(s) want to accompany you, they may reserve a room by contacting Chavon Staten at 718-254-7825 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org (email is preferred). Tell her you are attending an event at the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering.
- If your parents are traveling with you we will be happy to arrange a meeting with admissions and financial aid counselors while in New York City. Please note: we are not able to cover their expenses.
Thank you for your interest in the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering Overnight Program for Young Women. Due to the popularity of the events, all program dates and waitlists are now full. We encourage you to still attend one or more of the three admitted student events: W.E.S.T. Symposium, Admitted Student Day or Inventing Your Future.