Follow the steps below to report your disability with the School of Engineering's Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
If you have questions, please contact Judith Simonsen, Coordinator of Student Advocacy and Compliance:
Dibner Hall, LC 240
5 MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201
How to Report Your Disability
- Schedule an appointment with the Coordinator of Student Advocacy and Compliance, Judith Simonsen.
- When you meet with the Coordinator you will be given certain forms to be filled out by yourself and by your physician/ psychiatrist /licensed psychologist. Please note: In the case of a learning disability and or ADD/ADHD a diagnostic test is required.
- After the initial meeting with the Coordinator you will need to visit your physician/ psychiatrist /licensed psychologist to complete your Certification of Disability. In the case of a learning disability, you will need to provide us with up to date documentation.
- Application for Services, Certification of Disability, and Authorization for Release have to be submitted to the Coordinator when they are completed.
- After submission, the Coordinator will review your paperwork and discuss accommodations with you.
ACCOMMODATIONS CANNOT BE PROVIDED UNTIL THIS PROCESS IS COMPLETE.