The purpose of the Polytechnic Institute Alumni Association (PIAA) is to promote and maintain the welfare of its members and the Institute. The principal activities of the Association to achieve the purposes set forth the PIAA bylaws shall include, but are not necessarily be limited to:
- supporting continuing education of alumni in the areas of technical, managerial, financial, and cultural education;
- providing alumni with information and assistance in job placement and other career advancement opportunities;
- involving alumni and others in University fund raising;
- involving alumni in student recruitment and retention;
- furthering the growth and functions of the Association and promoting fellowship among and between alumni and the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering; and
- fostering communication with and between alumni.
(Adapted from Bylaws of the Polytechnic Institute Alumni Association, Inc. Article III)