Work-Study and Graduate Student Employment

Undergraduate Work-Study

Select undergraduate students will receive a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award with their the School of Engineering award letter. This award allows you the opportunity to obtain on-campus, and even off-campus, employment through the FWS program, which is funded by the federal government. A Federal Work-Study award will automatically be included in your award letter if your FAFSA demonstrates financial need. (Complete your FAFSA online.) Please note: Although there are many positions available on campus, jobs are not guaranteed.

Find a Work-Study Position

  • Returning users: Access the School of Engineering's online job posting site, NYU CareerNet, to review posted positions and apply. Look for "School of Engineering only: Federal Work Study" under the Position Type drop down menu.
  • First-time search: Learn how to get started

Graduate Student Employment and Training

The School of Engineering's robust Graduate Student Employment and Training (GSET) program allows eligible graduate students to offset the cost of their tuition with paid, on-campus jobs related to their field of study. These positions are similar to internships in the way that they’re designed to provide you not just with financial support, but also to enhance your educational experience and prepare you for a career in industry, research, teaching, or entrepreneurship.

Am I eligible for the GSET program? How do I apply?

Find answers to these and other questions you may have about the GSET program.