How do I become a TRIO tutor?
If you are interested in tutoring and meet the requirements listed below, downlaod and complete a tutor application. (You can submit your application in person in our offices, 5 MetroTech Center - LC253.) Transfer students will need to submit a college transcript. If you meet the requirements, we will invite you to interview for a tutor position.
In order to become a TRIO tutor, you must:
- Be an the School of Engineering student with a class standing of sophomore or higher
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and an A or an A- in each subject you wish to tutor
- Complete a 1-hour interview session with a TRIO staff member. During the interview you must demonstrate your understanding of the position, as well as communication and presentational skills.
- Pass a qualifying exam for each subject you want to tutor
- Attend a Saturday tutoring training session
- Complete a 2-hour training session conducted by NYU Tandon School of Engineering Counseling and Wellness Services.