Am I eligible?
To participate in the TRIO Scholars Program, you must meet certain requirements.
You are eligible if you:
- Are enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering;
- Are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States; and
- Have a demonstrated academic need.
In addition, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Are low-income according to government guidelines
- Are a first-generation college student, i.e., neither of your parents completed a bachelor's degree
- If you have a learning disability or physical disability you may also qualify. You must self-disclose you have a disability and obtain a referral form from the Moses Center for Students with Disabilities.
How do I apply?
You can pick up the application forms in our office or download them here and submit them in our office (5 MetroTech Center - LC253):
After we review your application and determine if you are eligible, you will attend an hour long orientation and an individual interview with a staff member. Note: Space is limited. We can only accept 250 students into the program each year so please apply early.