Participation in study away programs is open to undergraduate students in good academic standing who have completed one year of study and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA. While these are the School of Engineering's requirements, please note that students must be accepted at their host institution.

Academic credits earned during study abroad are transferable to the School of Engineering. After receiving approval from their major departments, study abroad credits will be applied to degree requirements.

Required Travel Documents

Students must present proper travel documents in order to be eligible for study abroad.

  • U.S. citizens are required to have valid passports
  • Lawful Permanent Residents are required to have a valid passport from their home country, or a Reentry Permit issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service
  • Individuals granted asylum or refugee status in the United States are required to have Refugee Travel Documents issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service

Students are responsible for checking with the host country's consulate to determine whether they need a visa or other entry requirement. Please remember that the entry requirement for U.S. citizens may be different than for lawful permanent residents, or citizens of other countries residing in the United States.

For additional information and application forms contact the Office of Undergraduate Academics.