If you are unable to take your exam on one of the School of Engineering campuses, you can find a list of alternate proctoring sites on the National College Testing Association (NCTA) website. The following are also approved proctors for exams:
- Faculty and administrative staff at public or private college and universities
- Full-time school or public librarian
- Guidance counselor/counseling staff
- Full-time teacher or staff member
- Corporate training officer
- Embassy education officer
- Military base/station education officer
- Base commander
- Local college testing center
- Education center staff
Once a proctoring site is found, please fill out the proctor nomination form here. If you would like to take your exam on the School of Engineering campus, please click here.
How proctoring works:
- Please visit the National College Testing Association (NCTA) website for a list of approved proctoring sites. Once you select the proctor site that is most convenient to you, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL THE SITE AND MAKE A RESERVATION FOR TESTING.
- At least 10 days before your exam, fill out and submit the online nomination form below to notify NYU-ePoly of your proctoring arrangement.
- Once we confirm your appointment for proctoring, we will then send your exam to the proctor site.
- You take the exam as scheduled and the completed exam will be sent to NYU-ePoly by the proctor site.
A few things you need to know about proctor sites:
Proctor sites MAY charge fees for their services. The student is responsible for paying all fees for proctoring. If you plan to use an alternate site, when you call for an appointment, you should ask that site if a fee is charged.
- You must schedule and reserve a testing date for each proctored exam, even if you return to the same proctor for the second exam.
- If you have any questions regarding proctoring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.