Note: You must be registered for classes at the School of Engineering before beginning these steps.
How to Apply
- Log into CareerNet, the School of Engineering's online job database, where all GSET positions are posted. Use the login information the The Wasserman Center for Career Development at School of Engineering sent you during your first semester to log into the site.
- Submit your resume and other necessary materials for the job(s) you’re interested in.
Completing the Hiring Process
Follow these important steps once you’re been offered a GSET position to ensure that you receive paychecks and that the School of Engineering has the necessary paperwork. (Download this Workflow diagram for a visual look at the process.)
- Obtain an employment letter from your employer
- Complete I-9 forms in the Human Resources office (JB 258)
- International Students: Obtain an “Approval letter for work on campus” from the Office of International Students & Scholars and apply for Social Security number (SSN).
- Sign the GSET Acceptance Letter that you receive from the Graduate Center
- Submit your Social Security Number to Human Resources
Send an email to Payroll to receive login credentials for to ADP TimeSaver where you’ll log your work hours. Please allow 10 to 12 business days to receive your credentials.
- Login to ADP TimeSaver and fill in your timesheet every day that you work
- You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week
- Your paycheck will be issued biweekly and you must pick it up from your supervisor